Main content | back to top
Handling of Personal Information
Basic Policy for Personal Data and Individual Numbers (My Number) etc. Protection
The Company recognizes the significance of personal data, individual numbers (My Number) and personal data including individual numbers (specific personal information, hereinafter both referred to as “Individual Numbers etc.”) protection, in the pursuit of the fulfillment of its responsibilities to various stakeholders and sustainable growth, in accordance with the Company's “Group Management Philosophy” and “Code of Conduct”, as follows:
- 1. Acquisitions and Use:
＜Personal Data (excluding Individual Number (My Number) etc.)＞
The Company makes an appropriate explanation regarding the purpose of use of personal data to the data subjects, and uses such information within the scope of use purposes agreed by the data subjects. The Company may not provide or disclose personal data to a third party without consent by the data subjects, except where such disclosure is based on laws and regulations.
＜Individual Number (My Number) etc.＞
The Company will appropriately acquire and use the Individual Numbers etc. within the scope of the affairs related to individual numbers that is designated by law. In addition, except in cases based on laws or ordinances, the Company will not provide or disclose the Individual Numbers etc. that it possesses to third parties.
- 2. Maintenance of Integrity and Security: The Company endeavors to maintain personal data and the Individual Numbers etc. held by the Company accurately and up-to-date. The Company enhances the information security and security measures in order to prevent unlawful access to, or leaks of, personal data and the Individual Numbers etc. When the Company out-sources the handling of personal data or the Individual Numbers etc., it takes countermeasures so as to ensure the same management level as that of the Company in the contractors. In the event that a leak, etc. has occurred, corrective measures will be conducted promptly in accordance with the situation.
- 3. Management System and Persons in Charge: The Company appoints the Officer who is in charge of promotes the protection of personal data and the Individual Numbers etc. throughout the Company, as well as a person in charge of personal data management in each organization that handles personal data, and limit the divisions that handle the Individual Numbers etc.
- 4. Law Compliance and Internal Rules: The Company complies with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal data and the Individual Numbers etc. and sets out relevant internal rules in order to manage and implement personal data and the Individual Numbers etc. protection measures.
- 5. Education and Training to Employees: The Company continuously educates, trains and supervises its employees in relation to the handling of personal data and the Individual Numbers etc.
- 6. Periodical Reviews: The Company periodically reviews, and continuously endeavors to improve, the handling of personal data and the Individual Numbers etc.
Use of Personal Information
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall handle personal information that has been provided to the Company to the extent that is necessary to achieve the following objectives, unless notified by other means. In addition, Individual Number shall never be handled beyond the scope of the administrative work related to Individual Number that is stipulated by laws and regulations.
Use of Personal Information in Business Activities
- To enter into and perform a contract between a customer and the Company, and to manage such transaction.
- To have communication between customers and the company, and to notice/express greetings in accordance to the social custom.
- To provide information to customers about products/services in relation to the transactions.
- To do survey, analysis, research and develop related to the Company's business.
- To create statistical information/de-identified information, to process personal information for other use of the Company.
- To exchange information/communicate with the industries/organizations related to the Company's business.
- To check what is necessary to audit the Company's business.
- To manage shareholders in accordance to the Companies Act, etc.
- To carry out the matters that are incidental/related to the other businesses of the Company.
Use of Personal Information of Applicants for Employment and of Retired Employees
- To examine and decide employment of the applicants (from making application to joining the Company).
- To execute duties that are specified in laws and regulations related to labor of retired employees, making communication with them, and informing them about OB-Kai (retired employees association).
Provided, personal information may be used for the purposes other than what are specified above if such use is approved by laws and regulations.
- Where there is a requirement in laws and regulations.
- Where it is necessary to protect life or body of human, property where it is difficult to obtain consent from the principle.
- Where it is particularly necessary to improve public health and promote sound and healthy development of children, and where it is difficult to obtain consent from the principle.
- Where it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ or a local government, and where obtaining consent will likely to interfere with the performance of those affairs.
Provided, any changes made to the purpose of use will be announced on this website or notified by other means.
- Use of Personal Information in Business Activities
Providing Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company shall not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining consent from the principle in advance, unless otherwise it is approved by laws and regulations.
- Where a whole or a part of handling personal information is outsourced within the scope that is necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- Where personal information is provided in accordance to the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons.
- Where personal information is jointly used based on the following rules.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company shares personal information provided to us jointly with our electric power business.
Contact for Inquiries about Personal Information
The Company will answer inquiries you may have regarding notification of purpose of use, disclosure, and correction, etc., of personal information retained by the Company, request for suspension of use, etc., questions about handling of personal information and de-identified information, etc., or complaint, based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
If you wish to make a request, please read the following “Procedure for Disclosure, etc., of Personal Information”, and fill in the request form.
- ・Procedure for disclosure, etc., of Personal Information Specific Procedure for Disclosure, etc., in relation to Personal Information obtained by the Company[PDF]
- ・Request Form for Disclosure, etc., of Personal Information Download of a request form for specific disclosure, etc., in relation to personal information obtained by the Company [PDF] （Examples of how to fill in）
- Contact for Personal Information
- Operation hours
- 9：00 - 17：30 (except Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, and from December 30 to January 4th)
- Phone number
- Customer Service of Showa Shell Sekiyu